Monday, December 14, 2009

Bird by Bird

Hello friends! I'm pleased to report that my Christmas spirit is still kicking in full swing. I have a few more projects in queue for this year (not much time left). One of these projects is a series of bird ornaments made from yarn and googley eyes. If you're reading this and you're in my family, you'll be getting one of these for Christmas:
What a cute little bunch of scrappy bird-friends! I have about 10 more to go.
Another highlight of the season for me was a trip to NYC to see the tree at Rockerfeller Center. Being from Scranton, PA I used to take trips to the city all the time in high school...but it's been years since I visited in December. For crying out loud does that city know how to do Christmas.
My favorite pictures from the trip are from Macy's department store window. (magic!)
The theme this year seemed to be letters to Santa.
The letters flew through multiple window displays with wings, such a cool concept. I wish I had a movie but it was raining like mad.
And the second project I'll finish before next week is my yearly holiday illustration. Here's a small (in progress) detail:
I have a feeling I'll be finishing this tonight :)

If you're wondering what the subject line means, it's taken from the book, "Bird by Bird:Some Instructions on Writing and Life" by Anne Lamott. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment