Sunday, February 28, 2010

Don't judge a book by it's cover, eh?

Instead of posting my own artwork, I thought I'd take some time to celebrate some other book work. These are just a sampling of some of my current favorite children's book covers that sit on the shelf at home. Inside these books is some of the most beautiful artwork I have ever seen.

I love books.

The Sea Serpent and Me - written by Dashka Slater, illustrated by Catia Chien
Louis and the Dodo - by Mark Shulman and Vincent Nguyen
The Curious Garden - by Peter Brown
Free Lunch - by J. Otto Seibold and Vivan Walsh
The Clever Stick - by John Lechner
This is San Francisco - by M. Sasek
The Octonauts and the Sea of Shade - by Meomi
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus - by Mo Willems
Being a Pig is Nice - written by Sally Lloyd Jones, drawn by Dan Krall
The Dot - by Peter H. Reynolds
Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland - retold by Jon Scieszka, illustrated by Mary Blair
Owly - by Andy Runton

2 comments:

  1. Fun post, Renee! What about judging a book by its spine? As oftentimes you have to do that in the bookstore (less-so online, I suppose).

    ReplyDelete
  2. childrens books are so fascinating, i would really like to work on one someday, they make going to barnes and noble like going to a museum...but more fun because you actually can buy the artwork you like.

    ReplyDelete