Monday, March 14, 2011

Nostalgia: Post #1

A few months ago, I ransacked the boxes at my parents house for books I used to love as a kid. I'm going to do a really short series of posts about them. To start, I'm convinced that this one explains my sense of humor... and why not too many people actually think I'm funny:

The Joke Book, by Roy McKie.

Hardy har-har:

(Math.)

Yuck-hyuck:

(Duh.)

Water calamity:

I've told this story to many people, but never had the image to back it up. During my freshman year orientation for college, we sat in a large, awkward circle and introduced ourselves to each other. One of the ice breakers was to tell a joke. When the girl in the spotlight had no joke to tell, I joyfully offered up one of my own from memory:


Crickets.


Seriously people, it's funnier now that you've SEEN it, right? RIGHT? (MAAAN! tough crowd)
This post probably belongs on my Goodbye, my 20s Blog haha.

5 comments:

  1. Super Pickle is GOLD. That math joke is pretty good, too. NINE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some hilarious sophisticated jokes out there. But my favorite joke of all time?

    Q: What do you call cheese that isn't yours?
    A: Nacho cheese.

    Comedy gold. You keep telling these jokes, Renee. They're ingenious in their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what. I think my daughters' would really like this.

    I never read this book when I was a kid but people don't think I'm that funny either. That's why I laugh at my own jokes! Har-de-har-har!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The illustrations are great! And cheese-ball jokes are the best.

    My all time favorite :
    A mushroom walked about to the girl and said:
    "Want to go out with me, I'm a Fun-guy (get it, fungi!!)"

    MWAHAHHAHH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that book and wish I could remember all of the jokes. Instead I just remember lines from "who wants a rinosaurus for friend?"

    ReplyDelete