Thursday, August 04, 2011

Shark Week 2011!


I've been really busy lately and I'm no doubtedly coming down with a cold, but I'd be so disappointed in myself if I let Shark Week go by this year without paying homage! I started an illustration LAST year during Shark Week and have been keeping it in an "unfinished art" folder on my desktop this WHOLE time. No kidding. :) I need to thank Ellen for reminding me that I can bend people any which way in a drawing :D

Here's what I started out with from last year:


I thought I'd spare the poor seal (because that brown blob is supposed to be a seal, haha) in favor of some sailboating humans. It's no coincidence that my friend Taryn has recently gotten me into sailing. I just won't be venturing out into the open waters anytime soon :) The Charles River works for me.

5 comments:

  1. I love this illo! So glad you added some humans in there, those two are wonderful characters! And the shark, I love his face!

    p.s. Thanks for the shout-out, you're such a sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is excellent. i am glad you put the humans in - it's just excellent - and yes perfect for shark week - saw JAWS the other day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hysterical, made me LOL.Thanks for sharing - wonderful! …even if I've never seen Shark Week and I'm pretty sure this year was the first year I was aware of it when it was happening. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome illustration! Great colors and characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah!! Thanks everyone :D I'm glad it made you laugh!

    ReplyDelete