Friday, January 03, 2014

I Know You're in There!


My cat, Timmy, likes to sleep next to me when I draw or write. He doesn't know it, but his purring kind of puts me at ease and I'll study him while he lays there. Sometimes I just watch, sometimes I draw him, and sometimes (probably too often) those drawings make it onto a piece of paper. 

In this case, he fit right in to an ink and colored pencil commission from my Etsy store:


And in this case, some sketches for a sample I did earlier this year: 


And in this case, I discovered the technique I developed for fur...also works with pine trees!


One of my New Years Resolutions is to make sure I keep my eyes open for everything the way I do for Timmy. Those great ideas and character sketches are in there somewhere and they may be right in front of my eyes and I don't even know it yet.

2014 is getting off to a very slow start, but I am hopeful! So, I will try to be conscious, maintain a positive attitude in this difficult business....and keep pursuing.


I wish each and every one of you a very Happy and Healthy New Year!


Cheers!
~Renee




1 comment:

  1. It will come. Sooner than you think. Just wish your way into the future, my friend.

    ReplyDelete