Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Palette, Texture, and Story (IF:Gesture)


Well, I was going to work on my "Children's Portfolio," but I decided to work on my "Story Portfolio" instead. I think that's what I really need to work on the most - adding more characters and interaction to my work. I might try a series with these two! I'm still experimenting with minimal line and more texture/color...

In other news, right next to me, my fiancĂ© Keith is working on a new illustration too. Here is a progress shot. It's really fun being able to feed ideas off each other because we sit about 2 feet apart in our studio. He suggested the butterflies and he interrogated me about why the guy's hair is red...we both came to an agreement that his (Keith's) light brown hair wasn't helping the composition. ;) (teehee)

6 comments:

  1. beautiful, i love the ambientation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm trying to do the same kind of thing right now… only, hopefully with BOTH children's & story/narrative portfolio. 'Course, haven't done much to make any progress in the last couple weeks. :P

    This piece immediately reminded me of a modern-day Jack and Aliena (I'm re-listening to Pillars of the Earth right now, LOL). I think one of the reasons I love that book is because SO many terrible and unfair things happen to descent people… but they keep on going, they just don't know how to "give up".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:20 PM

    very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey fellow GDG artist :D I love your illustration for this week's topic! The colors are beautiful. Good to hear you're playing with different styles, it's always good times!
    Ooooh for the book what was your topic...mine was broccoli. That was tough to make sexy :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Valeria and coral! Melinda, don't worry progress takes time! I totally need to listen to this story now, I've never heard of it!
    Hi Jessika! Thank you! My topic was seagrass...you think broccolli's hard! haha. I remember seeing yours, it was great! Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Its really nice!

    ReplyDelete