Wednesday, November 14, 2012

PiBoIdMo Week #2: Compromise


I do concur, it's time for another Picture Book Idea Month update! We're all about halfway there at this point and I've had so many ideas I don't even know how to keep track of them all. Narrowing it down to one a day is nearly impossible so I started an "idea dump" page in my notebook. That way I'll remember as much as I can and I elaborate on only one of these ideas. To me, that's making the most of it!

I've learned how to muffle out my inner voice, because sometimes you don't have a choice but to keep going. If this were client work, I'd absolutely have no choice so I'm treating it as such. What we've done is settled on a compromise: My grumpy bear voice is still shouting and I hear him...but I choose to ignore and let whatever happens...happen!

Imagine THAT!

This has let me elaborate on my "real life" ideas such as how much I hate warm, squishy carrots and swiss cheese, how I am oddly fascinated by sibling rivalry (I'm an only child), and how I always wished my pets could talk and do human things. 





The ideas may not be the best, but they're mine. :) 


Happy writing / drawing!
Cheers,
~Renee


2 comments:

  1. Just wanna say your commitment to personal work (as client work!) is inspiring! Thanks for sharing! Good luck with the mushy carrots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, mushy carrots. :/

    Thanks Juliaaaa <3

    ReplyDelete